The collection of the BMK-Knowledge Resource Centre includes information material in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati and Sanskrit. The collection includes :
- Books and monographs
- Journals, newspapers
- Back volumes of Indian & foreign journals Back runs of newspapers and women’s magazines
- State-of –the art reviews
- Dissertations and theses
- Standards and specifications
- Reprints of articles & newspaper clippings
- Pamphlets, leaflets and brochures
- Annual reports of Governments agencies & research institutes
- Unique collection of Hindustani Music
- Select collection of teaching aids audio-visual material, microforms
- Electronic resources including e-books, e-journals
The collection of the BMK-Knowledge Resource Centre is particularly strong in the social sciences, Gandhiana, women’s studies, arts, literature, nursing, education and library & information science. The BMK-KRC Pune Branch has a rich and varied collection of materials in home science, education, geography and Marathi, while the BMK-KRC Juhu Branch's special strengths are its collection in food science & nutrition, human development, computer sciences, family resource management, special education technology, apparel manufacture & design, etc.
BMK-Knowledge Resource Centre follows Dewey Decimal Classification System for classification of books and organizing the collection on the shelf. Some of the major class numbers used are labeled on the stacks.