The Department was established in 1985. Since then the Department has been organising several workshops and seminars at State and National levels. There are 2 Memorial Lectures instituted at the Department. Till now 13 students of the Department are awarded Ph.D. degrees. More than 100 research papers of the faculty members are published till now in the referred journals of national and international repute. The publications of the faculty-members in form of solo books or edited books are 12. The Department organises study-tours to historical places in the city and outside.
- Indian History
- Women's History
- Gender Studies
- Our Department is highly research-oriented having each faculty-member involved in research, the thrust areas being Political and Socio-Cultural History of India, Women's History and Heritage of Mumbai.
- The Department maintains the register of the Alumni.
- The Department undertakes educational tours of the students
- To promote research-oriented teaching and learning in History
- To develop new trends and interdisciplinary research approach among students
- Promote heritage history and innovative papers that would help in placement of students.
- WE STRIVE FOR PERFECTION AND SETTLE FOR EXCELLENCE