|M.A. in History|
|Two years (4 Semesters) Full-time on-campus Masters Degree Programme|
|Department of History, Churchgate (https://www.sndt.ac.in/history/courses)
Centre for Distance Education (https://www.sndt.ac.in/cde)
M.A I Year:
M.A II Year:
Through interview/personal interaction
|Medium of Instructions||Annual Intake|
|English & Marathi||30 Students|
|Course Objectives||Future Career Prospects / Highlights|
|• To make the students acquainted with the Traditions, Historiography Concepts, Tools and Methods of Historical writing.
• To develop analytical approach of the students to Indian and Western History in different periods by learning the approaches of historiographers established so far.
• To make them aware of the recent trends in Indian History and Western History with regards political, economic and socio-cultural dimensions- in some cases with respect to women.
|• Field practicum / clinical attachment (examples) study tour to historical places
• Internship in Institutes, NGO’s, Archives, Museum etc. (agencies) Research project: Selection of the topic pertaining to syllabus in consultation with the guiding teacher:
• Job assistance: academic job, UPSC/MPSC exam guidance, NET/SET guidance and allied areas.
• Civil Services (UPSC, MPSC)
• Teaching Profession
• Employments in Departments of State Govt. such as Department of Gazetteers
• Department of Archaeology and Museums, Department of Archives
|• On Campus
|• M.A. Sem I : Rs. 7215/-
• M.A. Sem II: Rs. 6140/-
|Course Structure||Apply Online|
|For Details||• http://sndt.digitaluniversity.ac/|