"We are very happy to announce that C. U. Shah College of Pharmacy (Conducted college of SNDT Women's University) has been ranked in the Rank Band of 76-100 in the All India Rankings of Pharmacy Institutions announced by Department of Higher Education, Ministry of HRD, Government of India, through National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019. We thank the staff, students, SNDT Women's University and the stakeholders for their support." New
Note : C. U. Shah College of Pharmacy has participated in NAAC ACCREDITATION with SNDT Women’s University. The University received "A" grade
Befitting with the objectives of the University and due to the rapid changes taking place in society wherein more girls are opting for professional courses, the University started a full fledged degree course in Pharmacy in Juhu Campus at C.U.Shah College of Pharmacy in 1980,with the generous donation of Rs. five lacs from C.U.Shah Charitable Trust and later a further donation of Rs. eight lacs. Padmashree A. V. Mody of Unichem Laboratories also gave a donation of Rs. five lacs to the college.
C. U. Shah College of Pharmacy is conducted under the aegis of SNDT Women’s University with the mission to impart excellence in pharmaceutical education and develop proficient women pharmacists and technocrats. The college caters to the needs of pharmaceutical profession in the country and imparts quality, pharmaceutical education at the degree, post graduate and doctoral levels. The college offers B. Pharm. (4 Years), M. Pharm. in Quality Assurance (Q.A.), Pharmaceutics and M. Pharm. in Herbal Drug Technology (HDT).
M. Pharm. in Q. A. was introduced in India for the first time in 1989. M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutics. was introduced in 2005. M. Pharm. in HDT was started in 2013, first time in Maharashtra. The college has emerged as one of the leading and growing pharmacy education centre in India and is committed to become a centre of excellence in pharmaceutical education and research. C. U. Shah College of Pharmacy is recognized by AICTE, New Delhi, DTE, Government of Maharashtra and is approved by PCI, New Delhi.
The college also offers PhD in Faculty of Technology.
- Well equipped laboratories for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Sophisticated instruments such as HPLC, Spectrofluorimeter, HPTLC, GC, DSC, Particle size analyzer, Zeta sizer, High speed homogenizer, Microplate reader & washer, supercritical extractor, Clinical bioanalyser, Microwave assisted synthesizer and Extractor.
- Advanced equipments such as spray drier, fluidized bed dryer, coating pan, refrigerated centrifuge, lyophiliser etc.
- Nanotechnology laboratory
- CPCSEA approved animal house
- CADD laboratory
• Pharmaceutics and Novel Drug Delivery System
• Drug design and Discovery
• Pharmaceutical Analysis
• To provide excellent professional education in Pharmaceutical Sciences for the students
• To cultivate excellent and innovative research environment in college
• To empower women pharmacists with knowledge and information
• To impart knowledge, develop skills and competencies in women students in pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacy practice
• To develop and advance the knowledge, attitude and skills of pharmacists and faculty member who can provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients, improve patient outcomes, and meet societal needs for safe and effective drug therapy.
• To develop, promote and nurture research activities pursuing advances in pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacy practice. Translating research into healthcare practice is a cornerstone of our mission.
“Healthcare beyond prescription.”
"An Enlightened Woman is a Source of Infinite Strength"