|Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Early Childhood Education|
|Two years (4 Semesters) Full-time on-campus Masters Degree Programme|
|Department of Human Development, Juhu (https://sndt.ac.in/humand/courses)
• Centre for Distance Education (https://sndt.ac.in/cde/)
|Eligibility||Future Career Prospects|
|• B.Sc. Human Development
• B.Sc. Developmental Counseling
• B.Sc. Composite Home Science
• B.Sc. Home Science
• B.A. Psychology
• B.A. English
• B.A. Child Development
• P.G. Diploma in Early Childhood Education
• Graduate in Any Discipline (Prerequisites to be fulfilled)
• Teacher Trainer
• Preschool Supervisor / Coordinator
• School Principal
• Curriculum planner
• Developing products like learning materials, audio-visuals,
toys, educational games etc.
• Project Officer/ Coordinator in NGO’s and Government sectors
• Publishing Story books
|Medium of Instructions||Annual Intake|
|English||Intake for Colleges : 40
Intake for Departments :
• Aided Programme : 25
• Self- Financed Programme : 40
|Course Objectives||Admission Procedure|
|• To describe the typical divergent development route through childhood that may occur in response to a range of bio- psychological issues.
• To understand the rights and developmental needs of special children.
• To develop effective skills in early childhood education and provide intervention for issues in early childhood education through scientific measures like case studies, research methodologies and practical sessions.
• To analyze and evaluate major theoretical frameworks that explains child development through childhood in the social context of family, community, culture and larger environment.
• To enhance the understanding and develop skills to establish Entrepreneurial setups and Human Resource Development centers.
|• Applicants will be required to appear for Common Entrance Test (CET) and the subject tests in the first week of July on the dates notified in the attest sheet.
• Reservation in admission is given according to government guidelines.
• Successful students will be interviewed personally by the Head of Department and the Admission Committee
• The list of admitted students will be placed on the notice board within 2 days.
• The students admitted will be required to pay the course fees within 3 days of admission, failing which admission will be cancelled and those on waiting list will be considered.
• Hostel accommodation: Limited seats, based on merit and availability.
|• On Campus
Course Brochure :