|Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Textile Science and Apparel Design|
|Two years (4 Semesters) Full-time on-campus Masters Degree Programme|
|Department of Textile Science and Apparel Design ( https://sndt.ac.in/tsad/courses)|
|Eligibility||Future Career Prospects|
• Minimum 45% for students with B.Sc. degree in Textile Science and Apparel Design, Fashion, Apparel Design, Dress Design
• Minimum 50% for students with B Design / Textile Design
• Minimum 50% for students B. Sc. Composite Home Science, B.A. Home Science, B. Sc. General Home Science, B.Sc. Human Ecology and Consumer Studies, B. Sc. Family and Community Science who have completed minimum of 8 credits under semester pattern or 200 marks under annual pattern of courses related to Textile and Apparel Design.
|• Fashion Designer
• Costume Designers
• Quality control laboratories
• Garment industries
• Design departments
• Retail Marketing
• Own enterprise
• In teaching and research institutions such as Home Science Colleges, NIFT, SASMIRA, CIRCOT, UICT etc.
• In extension institutions like Krishi Vigyan Kendras, NGOs etc .
|Approx Fees||Annual Intake|
|• M.Sc. Sem I & II : Rs. 19,000/-
• M.Sc. Sem III & IV: Rs. 17,000/-
|Intake for Colleges : 30
|Course Objectives||Course Structure|
• To impart knowledge and develop capacities of the students through higher education with in-depth study of Textile Science and Apparel Design.
• To develop the process of critical and analytical thinking and encourage the students to pursue further Studies and Research in the areas of Textiles and Apparels.
• The overall emphasis is, to enrich the knowledge base, enhance research aptitude and to provide the students with inbuilt confidence in their professional field and cutting edge in the global scenario.
|M.Sc. (Textile Science and Apparel Design)
1. Garment Design and Construction
2. Chemical Processing of Textiles (Th/Pr)
3. Quality Control for Textiles and Apparel Fabric
4. Pattern Making and Grading
5. Global Costumes – retrospect and Prospects
6. Research Methodology
7. Fabric Structure and Analysis
8. Fashion Illustration and Forecasting
9. Garment Design through Draping
10. Apparel Merchandising
11. Research and Statistical Applications
12. Knitting Technology
13. Garment Production Technology (Th/Pr)
14. Technical Textiles
15. Communication and soft skill
18. Recent Advances in Textile Science & Apparel Design
19. Project work
|Mode||Medium of Instructions|
|• On Campus||English|
|Admission Procedure||Apply Online|
• Subject specialization test