PROGRAM OF ACTION FOR SPORTS EXCELLENCE:-
• Sports Orientation Programme.
• Inter Collegiate Sports Tournaments. Level Participation.
• Inter University Sports Tournaments. Level Participation.
• District/ State/ National International Level participation.
• Regular Fitness Training in Yoga, Taekwondo, Boxing,
Aerobics and fitness gym workouts.
• Sports training in various games of interest for pursuit in
• Conducting Workshops, Seminars, Conferences, P.T.
Display, Meetings, Interactive talks and Demonstrations
on sports and general well being.
• Maharashtra State Level Inter University Ashwamedh
• Maharashtra State Swayamsidha (Self Defence) Course
• Sports Coaching Camps for colleges, university, slum,
village and under privileged students.
• “Sports Learning Centre”
• Adventure Sports Club (hiking, trekking, rock climbing,
mountaineering, cycling, jungle trip, skiing etc.)
EXTRA CURRICULAR SPORTS ACTIVITIES:-
• Teacher’s Day Programme.
• Harmony Games for teaching and non teaching staff.
• “AIDS” Awareness Programme through sports.
• Sports get-to-gether cum Prize Distribution Programme.
• Independence and Republic day Programmes.
• National Sports Day Programmes.
• Youth Cycling Rally / Walkatons.
The Department of
Physical Education ORGANISES to sports and fitness activities for the students
of the University, Colleges, working youth and housewives on the know-how of
sports, the need for regular fitness and security measures for one’s well being.
Our aim is to initiate an holistic sports development of sporting relationship
towards a fitness global world of enriched fit citizens.
The talented students are provided the opportunity to participate at the Local,
Inter Colligate, Inter University, District, State, National & International
Competitions in order to reach the highest ladder of sporting success. Linkages
for enhancement in fitness and well being with other Colleges, Sports
organisations, Corporates and government Institutions are also provided.
“Fitness is a need of the hour”- that develops the three fold
systems (mind- body-spirit) through participation in Yoga, Aerobics,
Swayamsidha, Boxing and other allied fitness activities.
“An interactive sports department with a positive attitude towards good health, well being and competitive spirit.”
• Development of an all round sports personality with good
• Encourage active and competitive participation of sport
women at College and University level with winning
• Inculcate fitness as a way of life.
• Adopt a healthy lifestyle in daily living.
• Provide suitable incentives to talented sports women.
• Create sports culture at the College, University and
Fitness-Wellness-Sportsman’s Spirit through healthy participation in Sports.
“3 fold development of the student (mind – body – spirit) through participation
in the sports activities and pursuit of sports excellence.”
Holistic Sports Development of the students.
+91-20-22031879 Ext. 261
Department of Physical Education,
1, New Marine Lines, 1st floor,
Patkar Hall Building, Churchgate,
Mumbai – 400020
|Head of Department
Dr. Nitin S. Prabhutendolkar (Addl. Charge)
• Diploma in Yoga Teaching
• Yoga Course for Health and Well being
• Instructor’s Course in Yoga Teaching
• Certificate Course in Swayamsidha (Self Defence)
for Housewives and Working Women
• Certificate Course in Aerobics Training
• Certificate Course in First – Aid
• Certificate Course on Sports Fitness & Functional
• Certificate Course for Gym Instructor
• Certificate Course in Sports Medicine
• Certificate Course for Aerobics Instructor
• Dr. Nitin S. Prabhutendolkar (Addl. Charge)