|M.A. in Ancient Indian Culture|
|Two years (4 Semesters) Full-time on-campus Masters Degree Programme|
|Department of Sanskrit, Churchgate ( https://sndt.ac.in/sanskrit/courses)|
|Eligibility||Medium of Instructions|
|M.A. I Year:
• Graduate in any discipline from any faculty of this
university or any other recognised university as
• A candidate for being eligible for admission to
M.A. English will have to pass English proficiency test.
M.A. II Year:
• For a student from this University - should have cleared first year in the same subject or has passed with admissible ATKT.
|• English, Gujarati, Hindi and Marathi.
• Option of using: English, Gujarati, Hindi & Marathi any of the four languages for writing in examination.
|Course Objectives||Future Career Prospects|
|Ancient Indian Culture is an interdisciplinary branch of knowledge which touches various aspects of culture. These are associated with the country’s unique culture which is described as ‘Unity in Diversity’. The scope of the discipline of Ancient Indian Culture has grown into various specializations like studies in Languages and literature, Social institutions,Philosophical traditions, Art & Architecture, archaeological remains, archaeological excavations, comparative mythology, Old world cultures, Folk and tribal cultures, aesthetics and performing arts. The students are trained in theoretical as well as practical aspects of culture. They can be professionals in various fields like, academics, tourism, Heritage Management, hospitality management, conversationalists, Museum- professionals, Library and Informatics, journalism, food industries, cultural activities etc.||• Internship
• Research project
• Job placements
• Teaching in Schools, Colleges, University, & Sanskrit
Academies / Boards.
• Indian / State Civil Services.
• Administrative posts in Sanskrit / Oriental / Indological
• Research Institutions.
• Anchor/ News reader in Sanskrit TV Channels.
• Radio Jockey with A.I.R.
• Translation work.
|On Campus||For Details|