|Master of Education (Special Education)|
|Two years (4 Semesters) Full-time on-campus Masters Degree Programme
Specialisation: Learning Disability (LD) / Intellectual Disability(ID) ((Mental Retardation) (MR)) / Visual Impairment (VI)
|Department of Special Education, Juhu (https://sndt.ac.in/specialeducation/courses )|
|• B.Ed. (Special Education) in respective disability area or an equivalent degree from any recognized university with minimum 50% marks.
• B.Ed. (General Education) and one year diploma in special education in respective disability area recognized by RCI with minimum 50% marks in each course.
|Medium of Instructions||Annual Intake|
|• Classroom sessions: English
• Practical &fieldwork: English or any of the Indian languages
used by the institution where fieldwork is conducted.
• Examination: English
|Intake for Departments :
• Aided Programme : 15 (Each Specialization)
|Course Objectives||Future Career Prospects|
|The course is designed to enable the student teachers to:
• Discuss the concept of Special Education and its
perspectives, exceptionalities and their inter-relatedness.
• Explain the theoretical framework for growth and
development on the personality of the children with special needs.
• Explain the various theories in human development and psychology and apply them on teaching – learning
• Discuss the role of research in theory and practice of
special education and design, execute, and write research report in special education.
• Explain the concept, principles theories and approaches of management with reference to special education.
• Explain the various approaches and role of educational technology in education and special education.
• Describe the concept, principles, approaches, trends and issues in curricular development in the field of special education.
• Describe various approaches and areas of assessments.
• use techniques of assessment to Interpret the results and diagnose learning disability
• Develop appropriate remedial programme for inclusion of persons with Learning Disability.
• Explain the concept, etiology, characteristics of mental retardation and use appropriate instruments for assessment of mental retardation.
• Explain the principles and approaches to curriculum
development and instructional program and develop
instructional programs effective for students with mental retardation
|Responsible positions in:
• Teacher trainers in General & special education
• Educational Programs planners in mainstream and special schools
• School administrators and program heads
• Researchers in the field of disability rehabilitation and special education.
• Consultants in department of Social Welfare and Welfare Centres.
• Consultants in non government organizations /agencies and schools for children with special needs
• Self employed
|On Campus||• Rs. 35000/- (for one year)|